Reposted from Leadership Freak:
“Turbulence grabs attention, focuses energy, stretches relationships, tests resolve, and shows you who you are. Leadership tips during turbulence:
- Acknowledge reality. If times are tough, say so.
- Answer fear by pressing into the future.
- Integrate new people and strengthen existing relationships.
- Watch for teammates who rise up under pressure. Engage and encourage them.
- Develop new rituals. Stop into the offices of key people on Monday morning for brief conversations, for example.
- Don’t create policies that deal with exceptions.
- Do what matters most. Busy work matters less when opportunities are slipping through your fingers.”